Application Documents

Necessary Documents When Applying for a Home Loan

Please gather the following documentation as soon as possible. Digital files can be emailed to We also accept hard copies either brought into the office at 3801 Atlantic Ave, Long Beach, CA 90807 or faxed to 562.988.8539. Digital files are always appreciated in PDF Format. Your loan originator or loan processor will keep you informed of any other documentation that may be required.

Income & Assets (ALL LOANS)

  • Pay stubs for the last 30 days. If you received Overtime, Commission or Bonus, please include the last two years of Year-end-Pay Stubs(last paystub of the year).
  • Employer name, address, salary and dates employed for past two years. If there are any gaps in employment in the last two years, please give us a Letter of Explanation.
  • Federal Tax returns for the past two years (ALL PAGES). If you are applying for any First-Time Buyer Programs, we will need three (3) years of Federal Tax Returns.
  • Statements for each bank, mutual fund, and/or investment account for the most recent 60 days (ALL PAGES EVEN IF THEY ARE BLANK)
    • If you have made any large cash deposits, we need explanation and source for deposit
    • If you are receiving Gift Funds for Down Payment or Closing Costs, we need the following:
    • If you own more than 25% of a business we need:
      • Corporate tax returns
    • If self-employed
      • Tax returns for last two years (with all schedules)
      • Signed Year-to-date profit and loss statement prepared by an accountant
      • Copy of current up to date business license
    • If you own rental property
      • Copy of Current Rental Agreements
      • Copy of most recent Monthly Mortgage Statements if the property is financed
      • Copy of the Insurance Declaration Page for each rental property
      • Copy of most recent HOA Statement for Condominiums
    • If you are retired
      • Pension award letter
    • If you receive Social Security
      • Social Security Award Letter
    • If you count child support as income. “Alimony, child support, and separate maintenance income need not be revealed if you do not wish to have it considered as a basis for repaying this obligation.”
      • Copy of divorce settlement
      • Copy of twelve months of cancelled Spousal or Child support checks
    • If you own other real estate that you will keep after the close of your new loan, we need the following:
      • Copy of  most recent Monthly Mortgage Statement if the property is financed.
      • Copy of the Insurance Declaration Page for each property


  • Creditor names, balances, and monthly payments on all current loans/debts
  • Explanation of credit report anomalies, including:
    • Late payments, credit inquiries in the last 90 days, charge-offs, collections, judgments and/or liens
    • Bankruptcy filed within last seven years (provide a copy of your bankruptcy papers)
    • Short Sale with circumstances beyond your control

Do you own Rental Properties/Retained Properties 

  • Please provide a copy of all rental agreements for rental units you own
  • Please provide a copy of your most recent mortgage statement
  • Please provide a copy of all Property Insurance Declaration Pages
  • If any property is subject to a Home Owners Association (HOA) please provide a copy of the most recent monthly HOA statement.
  • If the property is being converted from your primary residence to a rental, we will need to see a copy of the security deposit from the new renter deposited into your bank account prior to closing.

VA Loans

  • Copy of DD Form 214, Report of Separation and Certificate of Eligibility (if you have it, if not we can assist you in getting this from VA).

Miscellaneous (ALL LOANS)

  • Residence addresses for the past two years
  • If applicable, a copy of your divorce decree
  • If you are not a citizen, a copy of the front and back of your residency card
  • Last two years landlord contact information

Property Information (if you already have a contract on a house)

  • Purchase Agreement and all Counter Offers
  • If you are selling your current home, copy Purchase Contract  or  Listing Agreement if not currently in escrow
  • If you have sold your current home, a copy of settlement statement (HUD-1)